Friday, March 14, 2008

Our Week

This week has been a pretty busy one.  Our sister-in-law Cami was in town this week and her three little boys and our three little boys had a good time playing together.  Here are a few pictures and happenings from the week.

 We have been making a lot of "Shrek" smoothies lately.  We've added a handful of fresh spinach to our smoothies and they actually still taste really good.  I wish I would've been making these in Josh's younger years when he would throw up lots of different foods due to texture issues and thought he could drink his way through life.  He sure could have gotten a good amount of fruit and veggies with these.  I also put a little bit of yogurt in them too.  They are a great breakfast.  

We saw this lizard in the backyard early in the week.  It jumped up on the wall between our yard and the neighbor's yard.  It stayed up there for a while so I got a picture.  The next day the boys were out back looking for the lizard again.  I have a feeling he has moved on to another house.  

Poor Evan had to go to the lab this morning and get his blood drawn to test for anemia since I guess his iron is a little low.  He has this little bandage on his arm from it.  He really was a trooper though considering.  He was quite still and didn't cry too much.  We sure love this mellow fellow.  
Ben is a funny character.  In case  you can't tell, yes folks that is a half eaten hot dog taking a spin in that car.  I guess I haven't taught him well enough not to play with your food.  He cracks me up sometimes.  Walking home today from picking up Josh from school he had me tie his prized soccer ball blankie around his neck as a Superman cape and was carrying a big stick around.  I wish I had the camera it was pretty funny.  

Not to leave Josh out, but it seems like the camera comes out when he is at Kindergarten.  He did have fun with that lizard and his cousins though.  He is a funny boy too.  He is doing really well with his homework at school.  He still says funny things that I need to write down more often because the Joshisms are great.  He has started a blog with Steve to keep in contact with Daddy since he is working long hours and rarely sees him on a weekday and since Josh is not much of a conversationalist on the phone.  He loves it!  


6 comments:

Tina March 15, 2008 at 8:47 AM  

I might steal your smoothie idea for St. Patrick's Day.
That hot dog picture is hilarious!!

Amy O'Neill March 15, 2008 at 11:52 AM  

Aren't boys fun!?
I think I might steal your smoothie idea too... what all do you put in it??

Annalisa March 17, 2008 at 12:27 PM  

Smiles! Glad to hear the updates.

The Snows March 17, 2008 at 1:56 PM  

Sorry, it is sort of late now for St. Patricks day. But here is basically how I make the smoothies. Sorry, I don't actually measure anything for this. I just use some juice, whatever kind you have. Some yogurt - I've even done without of that when I didn't have some. I also add some frozen fruit. Costco has a good tropical variety that I like. Sometimes I also add some fresh banana too. Then you just add a handful or so of fresh spinach. You need to use the frozen fruit to thicken it, but you can add some ice instead if you only have fresh fruit. Sorry, I don't have any measurements. It is really yummy and easy though.
-Gena

Sarah March 18, 2008 at 11:33 AM  

Ethan still talks about Josh and Ben as his friends and asks about going to their house. I think he was impressed by your extensive Matchbox car collection. : )

Annalisa March 27, 2008 at 4:37 PM  

those Shrek shakes still throw me when I see the green. bet they are fun though.