Sunday, February 17, 2008

Yes, Gena is the main and only blogger up until today.  I thought I would add a few comments here and there and everywhere.  


For starters, yes that is a 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6 speed manual on the post below.  I love it.  In the words of one of my heros (Ferris), "It is so choice, if you have the means, I highly recommend you picking one up."  It is fast and beautiful.  I think this is one area where grandpa Snow and I differ.  He thinks cars are a means to get from A to B and I think they are expenses pieces of art you collect.  

The main reasons I love the car (beside getting my heartbeat up in less than 6 seconds) are it is a great date car and the boys love it.  I really enjoy BMW films (check them out on youtube if you have not seen any).  Josh and Ben also like them.  The other day Josh told grandpa when describing the movie, "It's about one man and his fast BMW."  Although five, he gets it.  It is just as much a treat for them to ride in it with the top down as it is for me to ride with them.

On the fun date car note, Saturday Gena and I took it on a date out to Ventura.  It was so much fun.  We went out to where we got engaged almost eight years ago.  How things have changed.  Two things that have not are one, I liked the car I was driving (Acura Integra in 2000 and BMW Z4 in 2008), and two, I loved and love the woman in the passenger seat. 

Driving the car is always best with good company and good music.  (In case some of you did not know, I love music as much as I love cars.)  The drive to Ventura reminded me of a song called Ventura Hwy.  (See playlist below)  Music has a great way of creating feelings and memories.  For example, I really like the artist David Fonseca.  He is Portuguese.  Although he sings a lot in English, he reminds me of Portugal, a place I will always hold close to my heart.  Below is a clip of one of his songs.  Enjoy. 

And since I am adding a few clips off youtube, I thought I would add one more.  One thing I picked up in Portugal is I like futebol.  Of course my team of choice is the Portugal national team and any team that employees Portuguese talent.  Cristiano Ronaldo happens to be one of the best players in the world, if not the best.  He plays for Manchester United.  Below is a clip of a goal he scored a few weeks ago.  Amazing.

4 comments:

Annalisa February 19, 2008 at 3:33 PM  

Congrats on the car...Geoff really wants a BMW. He'll have to keep dreaming for awhile, LOL.

Tina February 19, 2008 at 7:09 PM  

All I had to say to John was something about a BMW and Ferris and he totally quoted the exact lines you did. You guys are hilarious....he'll have to keep dreaming too.

J.R. February 20, 2008 at 6:30 PM  

MLS season is almost upon us! Are you gonna get season tix for LA Galaxy? You ought to be able to milk your company for some free tix. I bet they have a box.

Amy O'Neill February 25, 2008 at 10:44 AM  

Yeah! You guys updated your blog!! Nice car...that would be fun to drive! Glad you guys are settled in your new home.